NISI MASA in a few words…
Founded in 2001, NISI MASA is a European network gathering hundreds of young film enthusiasts in more than 17 countries.
NISI MASA is composed of national organisations with different profiles, but all consisting of young Europeans (from 18 to 35) sharing a common passion: cinema.
Presentation NISI MASA
NISI MASA is a European network of associations, currently present in 26 countries European countries. These associations consist of young professionals, students and enthusiasts with a common cause: European cinema.
Our main aims are:
- to discover new film talents
- to develop cross-cultural audiovisual projects
- to foster European awareness through cinema
- to create a platform of discussion and collaboration for young European filmmakers
Our main activities are:
- organising filmmaking & scriptwriting workshops – European Short Pitch (ESP)
- holding various cinema-related meetings (conferences, seminars, etc.)
- promoting short films (through screenings, making of DVDs, etc.)
- editing publications (various books & a daily magazine produced during several European film festivals) - Nisimazine
NISI MASA was founded in 2001. It is a non-profit organisation supported, amongst others, by the European Union (Youth, Civil Society & MEDIA Programmes), the Council of Europe and the European Cultural Foundation.
Why "NISI MASA"?
The name NISI MASA is a reference to 8 1/2 by Federico Fellini, in which Marcello Mastroianni repeats the phrase "Asa Nisi Masa". The film, a European cinema classic, and the sentence, an incantation belonging to no specific language, both reflect the cinematic and cross-border spirit of the network.
Daria Blazevic – President
Emilia Haukka – General Secretary
Wim Vanacker – Head of Script Department
Fernando Vasquez – Head of Debate Department
Luisa Riviere – Office Coordinateur - European Projects/Finances
gets a new look !